Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 69

Ryan Writing: So I have been a bloggless wonder for more than a week. Here is some info to catch you all up about my wonderings. I actually smelt the ocean air today and decided to jump in. It was salty and cold just like I remember. I can’t believe we have ridden 4500 miles and gone from the Pacific to the Atlantic. Today was a fun ride. Right now Pete and Barney are both swigging beer and blogging. Those guys are hilarious. They have exactly the same post ride MO. Get some swanky eats, lots of beer, and start blogging. We got Barney saying Dude a lot. Barney rides and sings these crazy songs that I have never heard like the Northwest Passage. Today he asked me if I knew who Paul Simon was. I said nope. He was like you know Simon and Garfunkel. Whoops. Pete and Barney lose me when they talk about schleprock, Oscar, Paul Simon, etc. I’m just like Dude I like the Simpsons and Seinfeld. Get a grip. They constantly give me cultural references to things that I have no clue about, but to me it adds to the humor of each day. The comedy on the past few days has been off the hook. Barney is just a cool cat and he really relaxes Pete which is a trip. I don’t pretend to get it but it is a nice change of pace. Now we just noodle along. Eat a lot. Hangout. Then as Barney would say him and Pete get “Shitfaced.” Like I said-hilarious. Tomorrow should be more chill riding and plenty of good times. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment